STATEMENT - ACV Application
The Trust Board are pleased to announce that our application to get the land on which the Banks's Stadium stands (including its associated car parks, The Saddlers Club, artificial playing pitch and the stadium facilities) listed as an Asset of Community Value (ACV) has been granted by Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council as of (and including) Wednesday 2nd May 2018.
Please Note: The ACV DOES NOT include the Midpoint LED advertising screens.
The ACV has been granted as the current (actual) use of the land and its facilities further the social wellbeing and interest (Cultural, Recreational and/or Sporting) of the local community, and it is realistic to think that it will continue to be a use which furthers social wellbeing and interest (Cultural, Recreational and/or Sporting) to the community for the next five years, which is the period for which the initial listing applies.
The ACV listing does not:-
· Restrict in any way who the owner(s) of a listed asset can sell their property to or at what price.
· Confer a right of 'first refusal' to community interest groups.
· Place any restrictions on what the owner(s) can do with the property once listed, whilst it remains in their ownership.
The ACV listing does mean that:-
· If the asset comes up for sale, community interest groups will be given fair chance to make a bid to buy the property on the open market.
· Provide an interim period in which community interest groups can express a written intention to bid to buy the asset on the open market.
The Trust Board feel that the listing of the Banks's Stadium (including the facilities noted above) is in the best interests of the future of Walsall Football Club, employees of the club, the supporters, and the local community in general.
Further details can be found at https://go.walsall.gov.uk/asset_of_community_value_listing